Health Occupations Education
Attention All Students!
Are you interested in a Health Career? Have you been thinking about Health Careers? If so, we have the program for you!
Health & Medical Science Education is available to Newport News Public School Students at New Horizons Regional Education Center-Butler Farm Campus.
The NNPS Health Occupations Education Instructor is Kathleen May, R.N., BSN.
NURSE AIDE PROGRAM:
- Introduction to Health Careers
- Introduction to Health Facilities
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Basic Hands on Skills for Health Care
- OSHA Guidelines & Standard Precautions
- Professional Standards
- Advanced Skills Specific to Clinical Training & Preparation for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Exam to become a Certified Nurse Aid (CNA).
Interested students, please talk to your Guidance Counselor. For further information, please contact Kathleen May, R.N., BSN.
School of Health Careers
Learn more about the educational programs offered by Riverside Regional Medical Center and Newport News Public Schools to prepare for an exciting career in the health care field.